According to our admissions priorities, admission is dependent on registration. Complete student records are an important part of what allows our wonderful teachers to manage attendance and our administration to run the school so effectively throughout the year. All of that requires all students to be fully registered for school. If you’re considering sending your kids here next year or are still getting your ducks in a row, there are a few things we’d like you to know about school registration, as well as other key dates just around the corner.
New Year, New Beginnings at St. Anne
Registration is simple. But staying on top of every step involved in school enrollment does entail a lot of steps. Understandably, you might miss one or two of them, with all the other tasks and deadlines you’re juggling as a busy parent. So, it’s never a bad idea to refresh your memory of what parents’ responsibilities are so you don’t miss any important dates.
Even with a small school like ours, registration is an important milestone that keeps our wheels turning and our processes running smoothly. The first and main registration step is due toward the end of each school year (in 2021 it was June 1). It’s both a practical and legal requirement that brings with it a health and safety component for every student that comes through our doors. Therefore, it’s crucial to have the most up-to-date records of every child – a step that we rely on parents for each year.
How to Register Your Child for the School Year
Like last year, there is now a user-friendly registration process online, where parents can go to register their children for the upcoming school year. The following items must be provided to complete the registration application process:
- A completed online registration form
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate and baptismal certificate (if applicable)
- For transfer applicants, the most recent report card from the previous school
- A nonrefundable fee payment of $250 per child
Fall is just around the corner. If you’re a new family looking toward the 2022/2023 school year, start getting ready now to apply early! New families must submit applications and registration fees for prospective students to be considered (dates TBD). Applications will be considered in the order in which they are received.
Returning Students and Their Siblings
The returning student admissions process begins after new student registration. Parents should keep in mind that enrollment isn’t automatic. All returning families must supply the application, registration fee, and be current on all tuition obligations for their children to attend.
You don’t want to miss any important dates! Here are key takeaways regarding the registration process for returning students:
- The registration fee of $250 per child is charged on your March Smart tuition statement.
- Payment of all student fees must accompany the tuition covenant. The deadline for returning your signed tuition covenant was June 1.
- The first tuition payment will be charged in August.
- All children registering for preschool must be three years old before September 1, 2021.
Coming Soon: What to Expect Next
Quite a few things changed due to the pandemic; the registration process was just one of them. We’re still conducting much of our business online and via email. If your child is already registered to attend, then you’ve probably received emails from us with updates.
Put these three reminders on your calendar:
- At the top of our list is our Open House on August 17, when families and students will get a chance to meet their new teachers.
- School starts a bit sooner than usual this year, on August 18.
- Starting in August, keep an eye out for our used uniform sale, book fee deadlines, and other updates.
How to Pay for St Anne Online
Student fees were due on June 1. Parents can pay tuition online here. It’s your choice whether to pay in full or in installments. You will be prompted to enter:
- Payment amount
- Payment date
- Frequency of payments
- Final payment date
There may still be paperwork requirements coming down the pike. We hope to see all of you on August 17 at our upcoming Open House!
All families who identify with our mission are invited to enroll in our school each year. St. Anne is operated under the auspices of the Catholic Bishop of Chicago. In partnership with home, church, and community, we are dedicated to the formation and education of each child in spirit, mind, and body.